CHIVALRY is dead, and so is ROMANCE.

It was a sunny day in Oslo; birds chirping in the background, people dressed in the littlest of clothes because the long chilly days and dark nights of the winter were finally gone, the almost screechy voices of children playing around in the Birkelunden park filled the air. The happiness in the atmosphere was palpable, even the grass on the field seemed to crunch with the touch of Eden’s feet, but she didn’t care.

“Wait! Stop! You’re walking too fast, you take long strides for a woman” Brandon yelled, he had planned to let her go softly and this wasn’t part of the plan.
“How long?! How long you lying bastard? How long have you been seeing her?” Eden said as she turned around and shot him a salty look, a look that had once caused a quickening in his pants,
“I-i wanted to s-say somethi–”
“Shut your mouth Brandon, you are nothing to me, go!, be with the smart whore if you must, isn’t that it?! Because she’s a lawyer?”
“Don’t call her a whore.”
“Talking back to me are you? You never had the balls to do that when we were together. I’m glad she’s healing your testicular atrophy.”
Brandon took a deep breath and looked at her and knew he would never win in an argument with a strong willed woman like Eden,
“Goodbye Eden, I wish you luck.”
“Get lost boy.” Eden said as she watched him walk away, her heart shattering into a million pieces. She was not about to cry, never, she had forgotten how to. She hadn’t taken up to five steps before she felt a pang in her chest.
“Is this how I die?”
She couldn’t take it anymore; she stopped to catch her breath on a bench in the park as she had been walking so fast for the last half hour.

“Hey are you alright? You look pale.”
Eden opened her eyes, and there standing in the way of the rays of the sun stood the most beautiful woman she had ever seen;
“Hey, hellooo, can you hear me?” the angel said.
“Oh, he-hey, yes, sorry,uhm, yeah.”
“Are you okay? You look like you’re about pass to out.”
“No, no, I’m okay, Just needed to rest a bit, I’m having the worst day.”
The angel, Marissa, as Eden would later find out, sat down beside her,
“You smell so good, you smell like if the Himalayan mountains and raspberries had a love child.”
“Nobody has ever said that to me.”
“Weird, I’m being weird, sorry, mountains and fruits can’t mate obviously, mountains and fruits, m and f, male and female, see what I did there?”
“Uhhhm, I’m sorry what?”
“I’m Eden, Eden Olav.”
“Hello Mrs Olav, I’m Marissa, People call me Rissa and I hate it.”
“Mrs?” Eden shook her head and grinned, “honey, I’m nobody’s wife, at least until an hour ago.”
“Your eyebrows are pretty, what happened to him?”
“He left me for a gap-toothed bimbo, I guess he has always wanted a woman he could control, I gave him five years of my life, and this is what I get.”
“I’m sorry, you seem like a lovely woman.”
“Don’t be sorry, I always knew something like this would happen; Men will be Men, they are only ruled by testosterone.”
“No Eden, your ex-husband was ruled by testosterone, there are good men out there, the ones that’ll whisk you off your feet and take you on boat cruises.”
Eden let out a loud throaty laugh and Marissa couldn’t help wondering who had let go of this little woman with the body of a goddess and so she said,
“Don’t give up on love.”
Eden shook her head and said,
“Chivalry is dead, and so is romance. Love is for a select few of the population.”
Marissa took Eden’s hand in hers, tucked away a stray hair strand behind the ears of the beautiful stranger she just met, leaned in and whispered;
“Come, I’ll show you something different.”
Eden felt a rush of peace, the joining of two unknown souls, the awakening of something new; the lyrics “Sis, your soul mate does not have to be a man” from a song she had heard in passing this morning crossed her mind, and then she knew.

Love & Light.

Leave a comment; Did you know I write stories too? What do you think of Eden’s personality? How do you think this story ends?

Recommended song for the week:
Harry Styles – Watermelon sugar

If you’re new here, Thank you for stopping by; check out my previous posts.

Send an email to [email protected], Let’s be besties.

Le Reina

My name is Esther, Queen Esther. I am a Nigerian psychologist navigating blindly through this tornado called life. The words best used to describe me are witty, pretty, chubby and bubbly. Welcome to my blog.

18 thoughts on “CHIVALRY is dead, and so is ROMANCE.

• May 29, 2020 at 6:50 am

Tears Inna me eyes 😭😭

• May 29, 2020 at 6:53 am

Here’s a handkerchief 😂😂😂

• May 29, 2020 at 6:53 am

You’re really beginning to convince me that Norway is where I’m meant to be 😂. You should really consider writing a book that is if you haven’t already started. I think that Eden and Marissa being soulmates might not necessarily mean in a romantic sense as most people will assume but I could be wrong. I think Eden is one of those people who hide how they really feel because they think it makes them look weak and they don’t want to get hurt. I would love to see where thus goes 😊

• May 29, 2020 at 6:56 am

You kept an open mind and I love that I’m glad you noticed it was staged in Norway 😅, thank you Gigi for reaching out.💓💓💓

• May 29, 2020 at 6:56 am

🔥🔥🔥 This was intense!!

• May 29, 2020 at 7:00 am

Thanks Bee!!💓💓💓

• May 29, 2020 at 6:59 am

Wow, this was so well written. I would love to see more stories that you have under your belt. I think Eden is very strong-willed as she should be in this world of “men are scum”. I think she might have some things from her past that contribute to this. I hope she gets to open up and you show that there are still good men out there.

• May 29, 2020 at 7:01 am

This lovely John. Yes there are more stories about Eden. Thank you for reaching out 💓💓💓

• May 29, 2020 at 7:33 am

Please continue😭😭😭…I was so engrossed in the story that I forgot it was going to be short. Nice one dear, and “your soulmate does not have to be a man” got me. You know like the love antagonist I am known to be, I’d gladly say “Chivalry is dead, and so is Romance”🔥🔥🔥🔥

• May 29, 2020 at 7:49 am

OMG my dear Clementine 💓💓 💓 Thank you for reaching out…😍

• May 30, 2020 at 6:47 pm

This is very interesting write up, I did not know you’re a story teller, a good one for that matter . You dey steady burst my head, I was legit looking for the “next article” to click on.

• May 30, 2020 at 6:55 pm

Awwwww Tosin💓💓💓 I’m glad you liked it. Thank you very much

• June 1, 2020 at 8:32 pm

Wow, Esther I’m dazed….didn’t know you write stories as well….I know this is coming late, but better late than never right🙈….Mehn I forgot it wasn’t a full story for a while there, like I was really well balanced on my bed ready to go on and on with it and then it ended😭😭. Looking forward to more ooo… infact your first book girl you have a buyer already 😘😘

• June 2, 2020 at 11:16 am

Awwwww☺️ This means a whole lot dear, thanks so much 💓 💓

• June 19, 2020 at 4:12 pm

A really nice story, I love the play with Himalaya n mountains and raspberries making love 🌷🌞 I can smell it!

• June 19, 2020 at 11:30 pm

😅 Thanks!

• July 4, 2020 at 3:26 am

Reading this while listening to Japanese Lofi Hiphop really hits the spot. Try it. Great one tho. As always

• July 4, 2020 at 3:34 am